Monday 9 February 2009

09 Feb 2009

1- This is my descriptive writing about my grandmother's house:

I like my grandmother's house in Casablanca, it is situated in an ancient neighbourhood. Under her house, there is a cafe, where most of the youth gather. All the day you can smell strongly the coffee and the cigarettes.

It's a small house which was a french doctor's surgery during the french colonization. On the floor, there are brown and wnhite tiles that remids you of bars of chocolate.

There is a small lounge with a big mirror hanged up on the wall which was deteriorated by time and looks like cracked, thus the lounge looks bigger. It's a fresh lovely place where I usally spent summer holiadys.

2- I have done lessons 25, 26 and 27 p.52-57.

3- I have read the English learning tip of the day:

Indirect Questions:
Indirect questions require the question phrase be put into regular statement order. Direct questions are inverted. Indirect questions begin with phrases such as "Do you know if..., Would you mind if..., Do you think that..."

Example Sentences:
Would you mind if I sat down?
Do you think that he is going to attend the conference?

New words:

No comments:

Post a Comment